careers for the automotive and transportation industries

Auto Mechanic Apprentice Training in Montreal

Canadian Automotive & Trucking Institute (CATI) Dispatching

Mechanic apprentice training in Montreal prepares graduates to secure employment as automotive service technicians (also known as auto mechanics). Professional automotive service technicians enjoy challenging, rewarding work in a variety of environments – and with record auto sales in Canada over the last couple of years, industry experts anticipate steady demand for trained mechanics.

If you want a stable, well-paying job and enjoy working with cars, this could be your ideal career path.

Train as an Auto Mechanic Apprentice in Montreal at ATC

The Automotive Training Centre (ATC) has been equipping students with the skills they need to succeed in the automotive industry for over 30 years. In Montreal, the Auto Mechanic Apprentice curriculum includes these core fundamentals:

  • Welding
  • Electrical systems diagnosis
  • Auto electronics
  • How the automotive industry operates
  • Preventative maintenance
  • Wheel alignment theory

Expert instructors teach students how key automotive systems function and demonstrate how to repair them:

  • Steering
  • Suspension
  • Hydraulic braking
  • Computer control
  • Emissions
  • Lubrication
  • Cooling
  • Fuel injection

Students will also develop a comprehensive understanding of the following car parts in order to confidently diagnose problems, perform routine maintenance, and plan repairs:

  • Gasoline engines
  • Tires and wheels
  • Axels and drive lines
  • Hubs and bearings

At ATC, 40% of the mechanic apprentice training is carried out in the classroom, so students can develop the theoretical foundation needed to perform effectively in a real-world auto body shop. The remaining 60% of the program is hands-on, focussing on the direct application of classroom learning.