Dispatching and Transportation Operations
Training in Toronto
In the transportation industry, dispatchers schedule drivers to deliver or pickup loads to customers and vendors. They are also responsible for tracking vehicles, drivers and taking stock of equipment.
ATC’s Dispatching and Transportation Operations Training Program in Toronto
In Toronto, leading transportation operations training is available through Automotive Training Center (ATC). ATC’s state-of-the-art facility is located in the heart of Etobicoke on Norseman near Islington.
Through expert instruction and the use of industry-standard software, the program prepares students for a wide range of career opportunities in the transportation operations industry.
Courses included in the program are:
- Transportation and dispatch operations
- Transportation foundations
- Fleet maintenance & administration
- Safety & compliance
- Hours of service & documentation
- Interpersonal skills
- Transportation of dangerous goods
- Load securement
- Software knowledge: PC Miler, Satellite System Training, Freight Logix, LoadLink, IRP (International Registration Plan) and Automated Commercial Environment (ACE)
The combination of hands-on experience and classroom instruction helps students build the knowledge, skills and confidence to launch transportation careers such as:
- Operations Manager
- Local Dispatcher
- Highway Dispatcher
- Driver Manager/Trainer/Recruiter
- Load Planner
- Safety & Compliance Officer
- Log Book Auditor
- Fleet Maintenance
- Loss Prevention Administrator
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Customer Service Rep
Dispatcher Job Description and Projected Demand in Toronto, ON
Transportation dispatcher and other related positions are fast-paced, challenging jobs that require considerable multitasking and organizational skills. Typical duties include:
- Maintaining computer, radio or phone contact with drivers
- Ensuring trucks are properly weighed
- Maintaining mileage, fuel use, expense logs and computerized records
- Monitoring workloads and time logs for drivers
- Monitoring driver and cargo location
- Providing route and traffic advice to drivers
- Advising drivers of bad weather
- Dispatching emergency assistance when required
The average Canadian salary for trucking & transportation dispatchers is $45,342 per year, and there are a steady number of transportation job openings in Toronto. Graduates of ATC’s Dispatching and Transportation Operations Program will be well prepared to fill these positions as they continue to open up over the next several years.
There’s no better time to get started on your Dispatching and Transportation Operations career! Enroll at ATC Toronto today!